Appalachia’s local governments are the backbone of economic and community development. With more federal funding available than ever, local governments need support to apply for these opportunities and leverage federal support to create lasting, positive change.
READY Local Governments provides no-cost training to help local government officials better identify, secure, manage, and implement federally funded projects.
Following completion of the training program, participants will be eligible for up to $50,000 in funding (no-match required) to implement internal capacity-building projects to help them better serve communities.
Expand Your Skillset
Through nine weeks of virtual, cohort-based training, participants will grow their skills in areas including:
- Project Identification, Research, and Planning
- The Grant Lifecycle
- Federal Grant Application Development
- Community Engagement
- Federal Grant Regulations and Compliance
- Federal Grant Financial and Risk Management
Helping All Communities Access Resources
Any borough, city, county, municipality, parish, town, township, or federally-recognized Indian tribe in the Appalachian Region is eligible for READY Local Governments.
Municipalities serving the following groups and areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Interagency Working Group on Coal and Power Plant Communities priority communities
- Rural Partners Network Community Networks communities
- Historically underserved and marginalized populations